The Qualities of a Moonshot Classroom Support:
The social emotional needs of the learner
The foundational literacy needs of the learner
Multi-sensory experiences that engage learners with meaningful text
Vigorous thinking and learning that is made visible and shared
Ongoing reflection, assessment and documentation of learning
An aesthetically rich environment
Integrated and connected learning
Joyful, passionate, lifelong learners
What is a Moonshot Classroom?
1. Addressing the Social Emotional needs of students through Community Building.
2. Engaging in a reading enviroment, rich with multi-sensory experiences around complex texts.
3. Ongoing reflection and documentation to deepen learning.
4. Language and curriculum in the classroom fosters rigorous thinking and inquiry.
5. The physical environment is aesthetically rich with meaningful print and visual texts, student work, and spaces for differentiated learning.
6. Learning is integrated and connected. Meaningful connections are made between students lives, content areas, and the larger community and world.
7. Curriculum supports the foundational literacy needs of the students, which includes reading and writing.